Thursday, April 14, 2022

Things Clicked

2 jam-packed shelves of books
Compare: 400 digital books to these books pilled on these shelves.


Recently, I have been working with a doctor regarding ADHD. On a Sunday a few weeks ago, I had a realization that things were working.  

I remembered the skills found in the Reader's Table. These skills apply to more than just books. I have over 400 digital books I want to read. The Reader's Table helped me relearn how to analyze books and other media.

Bryan 

Note: Readers' Table  was a 3-day opportunity we offered in August 2021 to improve reading skills. Our focus was on three specific, highly-rated reading strategies: Make-a-Note, Summarizing, and Questioning. Each session began with a Reader's Sprint. Next, a strategy was introduced and practiced in a group, with a partner, and then individually. Each session finished with a celebration.

No comments: