Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Gardening Metaphor: Seeing/Being The Garden

 

Photo of daffodil in garden
Daffodil growing in a garden
(posted as La Fleur Du Jour for 11 April 2022 on Robert A Young's Facebook page)

My seminal memory is the day, sometime after a few months at LAC in November 2014, when I was able to see that, as a tutor, I needed to learn as well as teach.

Since that revelation, I began to be a part of the garden as well as being one of the gardeners.  I recognized that in order for each of us to reach our optimal growth, tutors must be both flower and gardener. Tending to each by fully understanding the needs of each individual, in the manner most appropriate, and by increasing my  knowledge of each flower and and the health of the entire garden. 

At that moment, I knew that each of us is both the garden and the gardener.

Kathy

No comments: