Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sneeze Season


“What makes me sneeze” was the simple writing prompt on Thursday 4/5/18. “Show us what leads up to the sneeze but don’t tell us what caused the sneeze.”


Here are four results. Read them, then you decide what the sneezes are able about.



Cucumber Salad
By Selena

I cut a cucumber in pieces, and I put them in a bowl. I cut a lemon, then squeezed the lemon halves into the bowl with the cucumber. I put in salt, and then put in a hot tasting spice made from ground dried red chilies. Then, I started sneezing a lot.



The Back Hall
By Deb

“Jill, where are you?”

“I’m in here, Mom.”

“Where’s ‘in here?’” Mom shouted again.

I knew she needed to follow my voice to find me. “Back here, Mom. Where you told me to go.”

“Oh, there you are,” she said as she walked through the doorway of the back hall of the apartment building.

“Oh, I see you’re getting all the dirt,” she said as she looked closely at the mopboard behind the door. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. But I’m not liking… (achoo) this too much. (Achoo!) Look at the stuff flying through the air. Doesn’t anyone use this hallway anymore? (Achoo!)”



What Am I?
By Kathy

Winter ends.
Aspens force buds from branches
Bulbs push leaves and color through cool, sleepy soils

e ' voila'!

A crocus
A daffodil
A tulip appear,
Winter's moods to appease

As I dash from beneath my covers, morning begins with a sneeze

That which beckons my heart to see, causes me to seize



The Great Outdoors
By Danny

I was running in a field, and tripped a couple of times because I couldn't see. My eyes had watered up.

“Aaaaachuuuuu.” I was told not to go outside today, but I went anyway. The sun was shining and the flowers were in bloom, but I just couldn't stop sneezing.

All in all, I had fun.


What are we sneezing about? 

Leave your comments below.




No comments: