Sunday, March 25, 2012

Literacy Changes

We teach adults to read so that they can change their lives. These are unedited comments written by our adults this past week.

Sherrie wrote, "I learned to write two story and readed much better. I learned more about grammar also. I learned to spell much better. I also learned how to used punctuation marks."

Leon wrote, "I have been in to different schools and I was not learning anything there. So my case worker at Workforce Services sent me to the Literacy Action Center. It was the best move ever. Deborah Young is a wonderful teacher. She has helped improvie my math and language. My math went from 4.1 to 5.0 and my language went from 3.4 to 3.9."

Bill wrote a short essay titled "Things I like about Literacy Action Center."
Literacy Action Center has helped me a great amount. I started at 3rd grade level in math and reading. Within 8 months I went up to an 8th grade level. The people in the class are the best. And there is help anytime I need it. But most of all Deb is the best person as a teacher. the same with the interns.
Thanks.
Bill

No comments: