Friday, June 11, 2010

The Mayans Calendar by Sophie

Today I was awake the whole time in class. I felt like I was back in 1972 when I was twelve, learning about myself: who I am and what is my personality. I was studying about the Mayan calendar. I am Storm 5. Weather is my sign. According to this sign, I can be calm, harsh, or fair. I am intelligent and organized.

Sometimes there is too much information to learn in one day, and learning can be stressful for me. If I let half of my brain decide to quit thinking, I go crazy. I don’t know if whoever reads this will understand me or feel what it’s like to wear my shoes.

Many years ago, I challenged myself to learn about my weaknesses: math and science. When I get frustrated, I take a break and do something for fun. Then I go back to where I stopped, and force myself to educate myself. I am honest with myself, and I like to do things right.

No comments: